Al Shabab denies Kenya raid in Badhadhe town

by Farah C/laahi | Monday, Mar 27, 2017 | 14 views

MOGADISHU (Garsoor Online) – The armed group of Al Shabaab has denied 31 of its fighters had been killed in attacks carried out by Kenyan troops in Badhadhe town.

The group’s military spokesman, Sheikh Abdul Aziz Abu Musab said that none of them was killed or wounded in an attack on their bases in the town of south Somalia.

Sheikh Musab rejected the Kenyan military claims, calling them “false”.
“The claims made by Kenya are propaganda, whatever they are saying about the attack is incorrect, including weapons seized”, he said.

The group wants to topple the Mogadishu-based government and drive out the peacekeepers made up of soldiers from Kenya, Djibouti, Uganda, Ethiopia and other African countries.

AMISOM and Somali troops have often struggled to defend smaller and more remote areas from attacks.

Al-Shabab has been fighting for years to impose its strict interpretation of Islam on Somalia. The group was driven out from Mogadishu in 2011.

By Abdirizak Mohamud Tuuryare

Like it? Share it!

Leave A Response